Associate Law Editor, Vault.com
Vault.com is hiring an associate editor with impeccable writing and editing skills and the creative drive to consistently produce engaging content. As the go-to resource for law students and attorneys researching law firms, Vault produces legal rankings, guides, and industry insights. Join our dynamic team and help us continue Vault’s mission of providing highly credentialed jobseekers with the intelligence they need to build their ideal careers.
The Associate Law Editor will work with the Senior Law Editor to create web content and print materials related to the legal industry and will produce content regarding general careers. The Associate Law Editor will also assist in engaging the Vault audience via social media and will collaborate with the team on content strategy.
Responsibilities will include:
Researching and updating law firm profiles in response to firm developments.
- Writing for Vault’s Career Advice Blog on both law-related and general career topics
- Editing and proofreading law-related content and blog posts
- Engaging with the Vault audience via social networking
- Reviewing and compiling law-related survey data for the Vault Guide to the Top 100 Law Firms and other Vault rankings and guides
- Bachelor’s degree with an excellent academic record
- Editorial, blogging, and/or publishing experience is a plus
Knowledge & Skills
- Stellar writing and editing abilities
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to multitask
- Exceptional judgment
- Ability to collaborate as well as work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with content management systems and/or print publishing is a plus.
- Familiarity with or demonstrated interest in the legal industry, law firms, and/or the legal recruiting process is a plus.
Vault is the most comprehensive and trusted resource for law students and laterals to research law firms. Vault’s law firm rankings and profiles deliver the insider perspective and essential information candidates need to make successful career decisions. Each year, Vault surveys thousands of associates to understand what life is like for attorneys at the nation’s top law firms. Vault ranks law firms by prestige, region, and practice area as well as top firms for quality of life using its annual survey results. Additionally, Vault publishes other valued resources including the Vault Guide to Summer Associate Programs and Interviewing, Vault’s Guide to Legal Practice Areas, and Law Firm Diversity Profiles. Through Vault’s law school platform, thousands of students at law schools across the country from nearly 100 partnering schools have unlimited access to this critical information.
Contact Information/Application Instructions
Please send resume and cover letter to
Mary Kate Sheridan at email@example.com.