Position Title: Entry-Level Compliance and Human Resources Assistant
Reporting To: General Counsel/Chief Compliance Officer
Location: Chicago, IL
The Company: Geneva Investment Management of Chicago, LLC
Geneva Investment Management of Chicago is a privately owned investment manager with over $6.0 Billion in assets under management. Geneva registered as an investment adviser under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 in 2003. Geneva currently maintains two offices in Chicago and San Francisco with approximately 80 employees. The Chicago office is the main office and houses the firm’s core operations and majority of its employees. The Firm has two actively managed mutual funds and will be launching a third mutual fund in June.
The Compliance and HR Assistant is directly responsible for all administrative tasks as assigned by the Firm’s Chief Compliance Officer and Director of Human Resources. The position requires a detail-oriented person with a high degree of organizational skills, accuracy, and discretion. This position will assist Compliance, Human Resources, and employees with maximum administrative and operational support.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review of previous day of firm trades.
- Coordinate new hire and termination processes for all employees.
- Assist in implementing and executing new policies and procedures.
- Set-up and monitoring of benefit deductions for all employees.
- Tracking of paid time for all firm employees.
- Administration and upkeep of employee 401(k) accounts.
- Authorization and tracking of Firm charitable contributions.
- Maintain and update electronic files of Firm marketing pieces.
- Produce supply of firm marketing books and individual pieces.
- Act as building liaison including building identification card issue and replacements.
- Track, file, download, and maintain electronic and hard copy custodial statements and confirmation.
- Review and reconcile employee expense reports prior to submission for payment.
- Organize and track duplicate copies of employee and employee related statements.
- Participate in other duties and special projects as requested by Compliance officer, Director of Human Resources, and Firm Management.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Previous financial industry experience is beneficial but not required.
- Minimum of high school diploma required. College experience preferred.
- Strong organizational skills necessary to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Follow-up skills essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively with minimal direction.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn proprietary software and databases.
- Proven ability to work both independently and in a team environment, with the aptitude to competently handle multiple responsibilities with a high degree of accuracy in a high pressure environment.
- Highly proficient user of Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to communicate and educate the employees on new policies and procedures
- Behavioral awareness and ability to inspire loyalty and trust
- Ability to work effectively with different personalities