KKR Transaction Associate
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell (KKR) is a boutique law firm with a national practice devoted exclusively to infrastructure, environmental, land use, real estate development, conservation, energy and transportation law. The firm advises companies and public agencies, and has particularly extensive expertise advising public sector airport, transit and transportation agency clients, including on the procurement of design-build, public-private partnerships (P3 / PPP) and transit oriented development (TOD) projects.
KKR offers a unique opportunity for a junior or midlevel transactional, (e.g. finance / project finance, corporate, P3, commercial real estate, construction law) associate attorney to join our firm. In this role, you will be a key member of our growing major projects practice, which advises clients on procurement, financing and delivery of some of the nation’s most complex and high-profile projects.
You will be uniquely positioned to have a significant impact from day one while also gaining valuable experience. You will also benefit from working at a firm that, reflecting its Rocky Mountain roots, seeks to ensure its attorneys and staff enjoy life both within and outside the office.
KKR seeks a motivated and entrepreneurial individual with the following qualifications to fill this role:
- 3-6 years relevant transactional law (e.g., finance / project finance, corporate, P3, commercial real estate, construction ) experience as an attorney
- Law degree from accredited law school
- Admission to practice within the United States
- Strong drafting, client and project management skills
- Record of academic achievement
- Location in or relocation to existing office city (New York, Denver, Washington, Boston)
In addition, KKR will consider positively:
- Civic-minded team players
- Prior P3 / PPP, design-build, construction law, project finance, public finance, such as infrastructure and transportation law experience
- Experience with TIFIA and/or RRIF programs, private activity bonds (PABs), muni bonds, or other forms of project finance
- Experience with Federal transportation regulations and/or USDOT, FAA, FRA, FTA, FHWA, STB and Build America Bureau
- Demonstrated interest (professional or personal) in infrastructure, urbanism, public policy, and/or related matters
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Candidates who reflect and share the firm’s values with respect to diversity, mutual respect and collegiality
Contact Information/Application Instructions
Kaplan Kirsch & Rockwell is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, sexual preference, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and compensation requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No telephone inquiries please.